Maidstone and Malling Alternative Provision aims to;
- Work together to enable all our pupils will reach their highest level of personal achievement and to take pride with themselves
- To provide quality support for all pupils
- To provide opportunity for re-engaging in learning and re-integration into mainstream education
- To meet pupil’s individual needs and to provide them with the skills to improve their life chances
- To provide the opportunity for all pupils to gain qualifications for their future
Maidstone and Malling Alternative Provision is;
- A partnership between pupils, parents/carers, staff and the wider community that seeks to support every pupil to perform to their best
- The staff are caring, friendly and encouraging but at the same time, firm and consistent in their expectations
- A safe environment for both young people and staff so that the focus can be placed on the education and social development of all young people
Our aim is to make every pupil a successful learner, confident and responsible citizens.
The curriculum has therefore been devised to include aspects which interest our pupils.
The content is delivered in a manner to maximise re-engagement in learning.
- Follow a curriculum suited to their individual needs
- Are assisted to develop social and communication skills
- Are taught how to behave in an appropriate manner
- Are encouraged to be involved in their own learning
- Are taught to take responsibility for their actions