BTEC Level 1 & 2 Award in Sport
This qualification is an Award equivalent in size to 1 GCSE. It has been designed to provide an engaging and stimulating introduction to the world of sport. This course is also linked to many other subjects taught in schools such as; English, Maths and Science.
This qualification consists of 2 mandatory units that form the fundamental knowledge, skills and understanding of sport 2 further unit are then chosen from a choice of 4 optional units.
- Unit 1: Fitness for Sport and Exercise – Externally Tested. On -line. Week beginning the 4th February 2019
- Unit 2: Practical Sports Performance – Internally tested
- The Mind and Sports Performance
- The Sports Performer in Action
- Training and Personal Fitness
- Leading Sports activities
BTEC Assessments and Grading
BTECs are assessed through a combination of tutor marked assignments and external assessments which are set and marketed by the awarding body.
BTECs use the following grading structure: P (Pass), M (Merit) & D (Distinction). If submitted work doesn’t meet the set standards, it’ll be awarded a U grade which means Unclassified.